.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Into the litter box: false ailurophile promotion

While looking up ailurophile on the web, I was offered the following:

$500 Free & Ailurophile
Enter Your Zip Code & Get Yours!
[web site URL deleted for obvious reasons]

Certainly, no cat can possess too many ailurophiles, so I clicked on the link. Alas, it was just a bait and switch! The company that placed the ad offered me a $500 Mastercard gift card if only I would provide them with my personal information and sign up for a total of eight “offers” from their clients, some of which cost real money, and all of which undoubtedly would cram my inbox with spam. Have you ever heard of such a shameful doggone tactic?

As much as I would like to have a Mastercard in my own name, I scratched this nefarious company off my list and blocked their domain from sending me any email.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?