.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

I may look like a couch potato, but I'm really a mighty hunter


Who needs horoscopes when you can read your "breed profile" and find out how you are supposed to behave? From what I can tell, cats of the Birman persuasion are said to be all things to all people.















Here I am on the couch again. I'm usually on the couch in winter--when I'm not dictating to amanuensis.


Birmans "are active and playful, but will also entertain themselves quietly if you are too busy to play with them," according to one online authority.

Another source says: "The Birman . . . is calm, balanced, and neither particularly introvert or extrovert. He is sociable with cats and dogs alike. He loves the company of children, and delights in playing with them. He does, however, also appreciate moments of peace and tranquility. Males are even more affectionate. The Birman can be a little possessive of his owner, doesn't like being ignored or left alone for long. In fact, he will quickly get bored and then become indifferent to his owner and family. He is soft-spoken. He does enjoy the outdoors, is a good hunter and loves a good workout. The Birman is extremely smart."


Exactly. I'd really rather be out in the garden.




Update: Given the recent controversy over "lies" in memoirs, I need to make it clear that I don't actually know whether I am a Birman or not. I don't have any papers. But I sure do look like those high-end Birmans that you can see all over the Web. Truth, as any good surrealist knows, is fungible.

|



<< Home

4 Old Comments:

Aloysius, I always thought you were perfect!

By Blogger Gigolo Kitty, at 9:04 PM  

Willow and Nicky think you look a lot like them. Birmans and Ragdolls must be related. They are couch potatoes too, to the point that they only move to shift sleeping places. Oh yes, I forgot Maggie, she's a ragdoll too and now she's mad. No big thing, she is always mad.

By Blogger srp, at 8:24 PM  

I think I heard somewhere that Ragdolls have some Birman ancestors. But Ragdolls tend to be really large, don't they? I'm on the large side for a Birman, at about 12.5 pounds.

By Blogger Aloysius, at 9:48 AM  

What a pretty cat. Lounging on the couch is the best.
http://ilovecatnip.blogspot.com

By Blogger meemsnyc, at 2:53 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?