.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

Tiger Girls, come to Daddy!

Yo, cats and catted ones! Darcy here.


Since Tuesday is Katz's day to hang out and generally cat about, I thought I'd fill you in on some of the latest gastronomical news from my neck of the woods. It's all about a restaurant called Black Bamboo.



There are a few mistakes in this ad, which appeared in City Pages a couple of weeks ago, but still I'm gonna check this out. I could go for some Mongolian ribs, as long as they didn't come from real Mongols. And I don't understand how you can grill tuna on a flat iron, but, hey, if that's what they do in Cantonois joints, I'll give it a try. The "duck confee" should be tasty, too, but don't these guys have a French dictionary? Last I looked, it was spelled "confit." It sorta makes you wonder just how French they really are.

But what really gets my motor purring is that promise of "tiger girls." Who cares if the concept sounds like something out of the latest satiric confection Absurdistan: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart? I think I'm in love, already.


|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?