Thursday, March 08, 2007
They say a cat's got to drop a hint if he wants a nice toy for his birthday. Well, my official birthday is tomorrow, March 9. I discovered last year that March 9 is also the birthday of Saint Aloysius Gonzaga. Being a pious cat myself--after all, I invented the Church of Catymology, which celebrates the feline in us all--I realized at once that my birthday should be celebrated on March 9.
Well, ahem. What are you going to get me for my birthday? I mean, I can't go on playing with this empty toothpick box forever. In case you're having trouble, here are some suggestions.
- Peacock feathers
- A jaguar ringtone for my cell phone
- Ahi tuna sashimi
- Another catnip mouse (I keep losing them under the furniture.)
- A catnip farm
- A lifetime supply of ahi tuna sashimi
- A vacation cottage in Key West
- A private jet to fly me there
For the socially concerned:
- A donation in my name to Animal Ark--a no-kill shelter that also works to reduce the homeless cat population through a Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) program.
- A donation in my name to The Wildcat Sanctuary--caring for our big, wildcat cousins, many of whom have been abused by their "owners" or surrendered because they became too hard to handle. All contributions will be matched through April 30.
Links to this post: