.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 11, 2009

 

Gotcha Day: a better idea


Most cats think of their Gotcha Day as they day that humans adopted them, but I've got a better idea. The Gotcha Day I celebrate is the day I got my humans. That was September 12, 2003, which means I've owned these humans (and their furniture) for six whole years!

I remember when I first came here. Right away my humans showed me where they kept the cat food and the litter box and they let me prowl around and explore the house. I roamed around for hours that night and finally fell asleep on the floor beside their bed. I have always been a cautious cat. It took me a couple of weeks to get up the nerve to sleep on the foot of the bed.

By now, of course, things have changed. I like to sleep in the middle of the bed, in between my humans. And not only have I taken control of the middle cushion on the couch, but--as you can see--I've taken charge of the TV remote control. From now on, it's nothing but Animal Planet for me!

I'm celebrating my Gotcha Day at the Modulator's Friday Ark, and also with the Carnival of the Cats, hosted on 09/13/09 by Kashim & Othello and Salome. Oh, and I'm also going to eat some of the good stinky tuna that comes from Trader Joe's.
How do you celebrate your Gotcha Day?

Labels:


|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?