Thursday, September 14, 2006
Thursday Thirteen: My 13 favorite words
- Catymology: The study of cats. That's what this blog is all about.
- Cattitude: The conviction that one is the most gorgeous, intelligent, and lovable cat in the world; a state of mind common among those of the feline persuasion.
- Catted: To be sat upon--or "owned" by--a cat; a state most desirable in humans.
- Catymology: A religion devoted to celebrating the feline in us all. I know I already said "Catymology," but a good word deserves repetition. Besides, I invented Catymology.
- Ailurophilia: A fondness for cats bordering upon obsession, often observed among the catted. Among Catymologists, ailurophilia is a state of grace.
- Randomness: Going from one thought or thing to another with no preconceived structure in mind; the dedicated pursuit of randomness is a sacrament of Catymology.
- Concatenate: To string together; virtually all cats enjoy concatenating naps. We're also good at stringing together our thoughts, as the prevalence of the Thursday 13 meme proves.
- Catalepsy: A state of inertia, often induced by being catted. It's important for a cat to know where his or her humans are at all times, so catalepsy is to be encouraged.
- Blogoverse: The universe of weblogs. I enjoy being part of the blogoverse--and a very imporant part of it, too! (See "Cattitude.")
- Catblogging: The act of posting cute pictures of cats on one's weblog; the exponential increase in catblogging is proof that Catymology is the fastest growing religion in the blogoverse.
- Thingpoddy: An electronic communications device, such as a Blackberry, a personal digital assistant (PDA), a computer, etc.; without thingpoddies, there would be no catblogging, and hence, no Catymology.
- Carnival: A concatenation of links to posts relating to a prescribed subject--for example the Carnival of the Cats (appropriately, this Sunday at Justin's Random Thoughts) or the Friday Ark. Although cats are often accused of being antisocial, we love getting together--virtually--in Carnivals!
- Blogiversary: The yearly anniversary of the establishment of a blog. Catymology's blogiversary is coming up on October 6. If you have ideas for how I should celebrate, please leave a comment.
Tags: catymology cats Thursday Thirteen