.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 16, 2006

 

Aloysius, Pangur Ban

Do you think this color makes me look fat?



In honor of St. Patrick's Day,
I offer a a few verses from my new variation
on the 9th Century Irish poem,

Pangur Ban.


Aloysius is my name;
Pangur Ban, my archetype,
He who hunted tirelessly,
While his human toiled in ink.

Amanuensis (without fame)
Chases pixels on a screen
While I creep up to her lap
Glad to purr there, and to dream.

While the two of us commune
Snuggled in a single chair,
We pursue the feline arts--
She, the word, and I, myself.

When she paces, muttering,
Hunting for the perfect word,
I roll about upon the rug
And practice being, simply, cat.

Check out the Friday Ark at Modulator for more St. Patrick's Day party animals. And on Sunday, the Carnival of the Cats is at Music and Cats.
Tags:

Labels:


|



<< Home

4 Old Comments:

That is a lovely shade of green and you wear it well, Aloysius (and you don't look fat at all)!

By Blogger Kukka-Maria, at 11:13 AM  

You look most fetching in green Aloysius!

BTW, about your question regarding GK's jewelry, he steals most of it from the Troll. Otherwise, he cons his poor mistress into buying them for him.

By Blogger Gigolo Kitty, at 8:49 PM  

Green is a great color. Unless you are green because of being sick.

By Blogger meemsnyc, at 9:45 PM  

Green is a hard color to wear, but you my dear...you look Mahvelous!!!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 7:44 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?