.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Matilda: my long-lost sister?

Dear Matilda,

I heard the story about you on National Public Radio this morning and saw your picture on the NPR web site.
New York's fabled Algonquin Hotel has a rich history. Built in 1902, it was home to the literary lions of the Roundtable -- Dorothy Parker and George S. Kaufman, among them. But for years, the hotel has also been home to another kind of feline.

You must have a pretty sweet life at the Algonquin. And you're a beautiful Birman. People say I look a lot like a Birman, although I don't have any papers. Could you be my long-lost sister?

My human was in NYC recently, but she failed to visit you. How thoughtless of her! As a cat with a literary bent, I've always been fond of that great hotel where many famous writers have gathered.

I would love to be able to post your picture on my blog, Catymology. Would that be all right with you and your friends at the Algonquin?

I'll bet you get a lot of fan mail after that story. I hope you find time to answer this note.

Purrs!

Aloysius Katz, a.k.a. Aloysius Pangur Ban

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?