.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 

What poetic form is Aloysius?

Since Tuesday is Aloysius' day to simply be a cat,


I get to write whatever I want.

Here's an amusing quiz from Ravenblack, the site that brought us the Random Surrealism Generator. What poetic form are you? Since I know Aloysius like the inside of a litter box, I answered on his behalf. Here's what I found out:



I'm terza rima, and I talk and smile.
Where others lock their rhymes and thoughts away
I let mine out, and chatter all the while.

I'm rarely on my own - a wasted day
Is any day that's spent without a friend,
With nothing much to do or hear or say.

I like to be with people, and depend
On company for being entertained;
Which seems a good solution, in the end.
What Poetry Form Are You?

This poem does seem to describe Aloysius' personality. Although he thinks he's a big, brave cat, he's usually in the same room as his humans, or nearby, where he can keep his eye on us.
Lately, he's been keeping a close eye on the patio door, in case it should open to let him outside.


What's terza rima? Let's ask the teacher:
A type of poetry consisting of 10- or 11-syllable lines arranged in three-line "tercets" with the rhyme scheme aba bcb cdc, etc. The poet Dante is credited with inventing terza rima, which he used in his Divine Comedy. Terza rima was borrowed into English by Chaucer, and it has been used by many English poets, including Milton, Shelley, and Auden.

P.S. The questions are not easy, though some of them seem specifically designed for felines; for example:

But please don't ask me about what Aloysius would drop from a 66-story building--certainly not a cat!

Labels: ,


|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?