.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

Amanuensis fills in


Aloysius is still on strike, maintaining that he is simply a cat and not a world-famous author. Meanwhile, I discovered this amusing quiz which told me what kind of city I would be, if I wanted to be a city.




You Are Austin



A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.

You're totally weird and very proud of it.

Artistic and freaky, you still seem to fit in... in your own strange way.



Famous Austin residents: Lance Armstrong, Sandra Bullock, Andy Roddick

What American City Are You?

Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that I like Mexican/Latin food? Or maybe when the quizmaker asked what I would do if I were stranded in a big city for a day, he/she should have allowed a response about art galleries and bookstores? I suppose it could have been worse: I could have ended up being Detroit.

Undeterred, I tried to interest Aloysius in finding out what his name would be in Hawaiian. Answer:




Your Hawaiian Name is:



Kai Meka


What's your Hawaiian Name?

So they weren't even going to tell us what Kai Meka means in Hawaiian? Fortunately, another site tells us that Kai means Ocean or Sea, and Meka means Eyes. Ocean Eyes is a very good name for a blue-eyed cat.

Thanks to the pundit in residence at Blogger Idol for pointing me to this diversion. Look for the next Carnival of the Vanities at Blogger Idol later today.

Tags:

|



<< Home

3 Old Comments:

The pundit at Blogger Idol didn't include my post in his Carnival of the Vanities. My Technorati rating is still greater than his, though.

By Blogger Aloysius, at 4:06 PM  

Does this mean you're talking to me again?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

Oh Aloysius, you are baaaaaaaaaaaack! I love your Hawaian name. The Gigolo was once called Kai Chan.

By Blogger Gigolo Kitty, at 8:24 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?