.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Pepper, the elusive prodigal cat

Guest cats have been popular on Catymology. Here's another one from Ohio, and she has a story to tell.


Pepper's human writes:

Here's a photo of Pepper, showing off her natural camouflage coloring. She is very shy of almost everyone and only accepts petting from me when the mood strikes her. I'm sorry you didn't get to see her on your visit; she's quite a handsome cat.

As you know, I found her as a starving kitten when she was about 6 weeks old. Something had chased her up a big tree across the road from my house in Indiana. I tried for a whole day to coax her down without success, so I carried a ladder over and got her down. She was so far gone that her third eyelids were closing. I fed her kitten milk replacement and canned kitten food for a few weeks and kept her in the house. She was old enough to eat by herself and she survived. However, she never got very cuddly.

She used another of her nine lives when we moved to Ohio. She got outside and ran away a few days after the move. I searched everywhere for her and alerted my neighbors. She had been gone for 5 weeks when she showed up in my back yard and consented to come in to be fed.

Pepper is lucky to have such a devoted human to care for her!

More feline friends will congregate at Modulator's Friday Ark. And on Sunday December 17, the Carnival of the Cats goes to House of Chaos. (And what house isn't chaotic this time of year?)

Labels:


|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?