.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Indulging myself


There's a meme going around, so I thought I'd indulge myself.

The top thirteen questions about
Aloysius Katz.


1…. How do you pronounce Aloysius? I covered this extensively in an earlier post. For the record, it's "Al-o-wish-us."

2.... What kind of cat are you? My humans say I look like a Birman. Other humans say I look like a Ragdoll.

3.... What's your favorite blog? Other than my own blog, of course, I have amanuensis read Language Log for me every day. Especially since they kindly linked to my post about the Four Subjects of Catblogging.

4.... Are cats better than dogs? A lot of humans ask this, judging by how many times they're drawn to this blog after googling the question. Cats don't need to ask, of course. See my explanation.

5.... What's a Pangur Ban? Pangur Ban is a famous Gaelic poem about a scholarly monk and his cat. I've reworked the English translation here.

6.... Who is amanuensis? My private secretary, a human with too much time on her hands.

7.... Do you snore? I've never stayed awake to find out. It's easy to confuse a really deep purr with a snore.

8.... What's Darcy Xenophon doing on your blog? Beats me. He just showed up one day. My best guess is that he's a figment of amanuensis' imagination. I understand that when she was a little girl, she made up some stories in which there were several good cats, the Katzens, and one really Bad Cat. Guess who's who.

9.... Are you a real cat? Yes, and I also play one on this blog.

10.... What's your favorite book? That's a tough one. I do review books from time to time, and I usually pick only the ones I love. T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats is one of my all-time favorites.

11.... Where did you get your M.F.A.? From Walden University. They specialize in online instruction.

12.... What is Catymology? Catymology is an art, a social science, a philosophy, and a religion, all rolled into one.

13.... What's in that box?





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Check out all the cats, dogs, and other pets at the Modulator's Friday Ark.
On Sunday, click on over to Mind of Mog for the Carnival of the Cats.

Tags:

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?